Title: Truth and Righteousness
Speaker: Tobi England
Bible Reference: Ephesians 6:14
- Command to Stand
- In the context of a Roman battle, the opposite of standing isn’t siting or laying down. It’s dying.
- Standing requires a stout heart. This is a call to courage.
- Standing requires that one be well armed.
- Belt of Truth
- I have never seen so much controversy over what is true.
- Closely linked to sincerity
- Instead of “roll up your sleeves” ancient people would “gird up their loins.”
- Breastplate of Righteousness
- What kind of righteousness is this? Is this imputed righteousness or practical righteousness?
- Romans 13:11–14 “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.”
- How is your relationship with truth?
- Would anyone describe your life as “righteous?”